From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Andrew Hicox
Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2014 9:36 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Finding all filters and Escalations that contain a web service set
fields

** Web services can only be called from filters so don't worry with escalations
etc. here's a brute force method I've used many times.

1) export all the filters to a gigantic XML file
2) open the file in a text editor and search for the existing end point ...
Doing this you can scroll backward from the end point and determine the filter
names
3) export just those filters as XML
4) search/replace the old endpoint hostname with the new endpoint hostname and
save the file
5) import the file
6) done :-)

It's a little duct tapey so you know ... Be careful and test it on a dev
machine first, but it totally can work. Have used that trick hundreds of times
(literally)  :-)

Andy

On Friday, June 13, 2014, Campbell, Paul (Paul)
**
OK, I have a major challenge ahead of me, I have a Remedy 7.6.04 environment
that is a fully custom app, no Out of the Box apps, that interacts with a third
party application via Web Services calls.  There are hundreds of
filters/escalations involved, and the third party app is changing the URL it
exposes for Web Service Calls.  I need to find all of the filters and
escalations that make web service calls so that I can change those URL
endpoints.  Does anyone have a good way to search for objects that have a Set
Fields Web Service operation and generate a list?  I don’t have Migrator or
anything other third party tools like that at my disposal.  What would be great
is to be able to generate a Working List in Dev Studio, but I really haven’t
had any luck getting the search feature to work, Ideas?

Paul Campbell  | Systems Architect  |  |  Avaya Client Services  |
|   678-421-5342 |  Web
Conference<https://collaborate.avaya.com/aacpa/?participantCode=4215342> |
Audio Conference +1-513-228-8888 code: 4215342

Everyone needs deadlines.  Even the beavers. They loaf around all summer, but
when they are faced with the winter deadline, they work like fury. If we didn’t
have deadlines, we’d stagnate.  Walt Disney