From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Joe D'Souza
Sent: Monday, June 23, 2014 3:45 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Dev Studio

It is not the version of JAVA if it is JAVA but rather 'where' it is
installed.

During in upgrade, JAVA updates and new installs, have their directories
named according to the version which often causes these kind of issues.

These can be easily corrected by updating the path in the devstudio.ini
file found in the install directory of the Dev Studio.

The contents of this file is typically something like

-vm
C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe -vmargs -Xms512m
-Xmx1024m

(I had changed by start and max size to give my JVM a little more boost.

Make sure that your JAVA path seen in this file is the same as that of
your machine. Also make sure you point it to the most appropriate JAVA
version 32 or 64 bit depending on whether you need or do not need to
build objects that use OLE. 64 bit JAVA will not allow you to use OLE
while 32 bit will. At the same time you do not have too much room to
allocate too much available memory on 32 bit JVM's. So choose your JAVA
instance carefully.

Cheers

Joe