The same is true for forms that are Public (hidden).  It is no problem
getting at the data in those forms.  The same goes for records in forms.
 Row level access on top of form access is your friend there.  The safest
measurement of whether you are doing it right is to ask what a user can do
at the API level.  Anything anyone can do through any API call they can
probably find a way to do through the mid-tier (admittedly, there may be
some exceptions).

The thing I commonly see that bothers me the most are publicly writable
fields on publicly accessible forms (whether the form is hidden or not),
since any authenticated user can modify the data contained in those fields,
for every record they can access.  It begs the question, "Does anyone know
a way to pull the metadata, for publicly writable fields, on publicly
accessible forms, while authenticated as a non-administrator user, with
only access to a mid-tier interface?"

Axton Grams