Hello,

I would suggest you review the Tomcat connector documentation:

and in particular:

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/config/http.html#Common_Attributes

scheme: Set this attribute to the name of the protocol you wish to have
returned by calls to request.getScheme(). For example, you would set
this attribute to "https" for an SSL Connector.

To correctly set up Tomcat behind a reverse proxy load balancer, which
is essentially what happens when SSL terminates at the load balancer,
the Tomcat needs to know about the scheme, host and port in order to
correctly create URLs when an application says, "What's the protocol we
support? What's the hostname on which we run?", etc.

Assuming the BMC code isn't doing anything horrific like assuming HTTP,
I suspect that setting the scheme="https" attribute on the connector
will resolve the issue. Also, set proxyName="lbhostname" and
proxyPort="443". This is configured in the server.xml file on the HTTP
connector, ie.

<Connector port="8080" protocol="HTTP/1.1"
  connectionTimeout="20000" redirectPort="8443"
  scheme="https" proxyName="loadbalancerfqdn" proxyPort="8443"
/>

John Baker
--
SSO Plugin for the BMC product set