From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Rick Cook
Sent: Thursday, September 25, 2014 6:18 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Mid-Tier doesn't remember $LASTID$

**

Is there a server group involved, or are these standalone servers?  I ask
because the sticky bit setting for Mid-tier changed in 8.x.

Rick

On Sep 25, 2014 6:15 PM, "Joel Sender" <jdsen...@earthlink.net> wrote:

**

Although I’ve opened a ticket at BMC, maybe someone in our community has solved
this, so …

Workflow works OK in Windows User Tool v.7.6 and current production Mid-tier
v.7.6 on AR Server v.7.6.

Workflow works OK in Windows User Tool v.7.6 on New AR Server V.8.1.01
201401281910

BUT

The workflow fails in Mid-Tier v. 8.1.02 201408260235 on New AR Server.

Logs reveal that the value of $LASTID$ is NULL in the Active Link action
following a PUSH that creates a new record in another form.

Logs also show a DISPLAY-ONLY field in the current form is NULL in an active
link action following a Set Field in the previous action.

In accordance with the documentation, the form action Results List field (1020)
is present on both forms and is included, hidden, in all views.

This problem is present on both the new production server, a ‘real’ machine
(RM?), and the new test server, running on a VM.

I was able to work around the $LASTID$ issue with a Global field, but couldn’t
do that for the Display-Only set field not ‘sticking’.

Anyone else seen this weirdness?

Thanks,

Joel

Joel Sender    jdsen...@earthlink.net    310.829.5552