Rick,

That is exactly how is was explained to me. And yes, they had to tell me about
three times, because I kept getting them confused due the naming.

Tim

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Rick Westbrock
Sent: Wednesday, October 08, 2014 9:59 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Introducing Remedy with Smart IT (and one of those opportunities
for remote interaction with Engage)

**

I believe Tim is correct but the names that BMC chose may be causing confusion.
Feel free to correct me if I am wrong but Smart IT is the new interface
released for agents working Incidents and Work Orders (focused on Tier 1 roles
for now if I am not mistaken) and is included in the ITSM suite at no
additional cost.

My IT on the other hand is the end-user facing solution that has been out for
quite some time as a sort of SRM front-end and is licensed separately at
additional cost. I think that with the names so similar it is too easy for
people to get them confused with each other right now (but I am sure that will
change rather quickly).

-Rick