Changing the 8.1 devstudio.ini to the following did help some for me - also
made it slightly faster and more responsive:

-vm <JavaInstallDir>\jre\bin\javaw.exe
-vmargs
-server
-Xms768m
-Xmx2048m
-Xmn128m
-XX:PermSize=128m
-XX:MaxPermSize=128m
-XX:+UseLargePages
-verbose:gc
-XX:+UseParallelGC
-XX:ParallelGCThreads=2
-XX:+CMSIncrementalPacing
-XX:+PrintGCDetails
-XX:+PrintGCTimeStamps
-XX:+PrintGCApplicationStoppedTime
-XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError
-XX:HeapDumpPath=<InsertYourOwnPathHere>\DSDump.log
-XX:ErrorFile=<InsertYourOwnPathHere>\DSDump.log

I have found the standard devstudio.ini settings to be insufficient to keep
DS running if you are doing serious development - it was obviously only
intended as minimum config to get it working for extreme light loads such
as modifying  one or two active links a day..... :-)

HTH

Best Regards,
Theo