"I am fairly certain in the 90s that Remedy Corp. did more than any other
IT company did to get customer feedback and to implement their suggestions."

And that might just be this communities issue?  Remedy Corp. set a
high precedent, one that a newer, single product family company could
achieve.  We remember those days (well, I remember via my Remedy elders)
and are expecting BMC to deliver similarly.  Is that unreasonable? (I
honestly don't know)

I do think no matter what industry a company is in (automotive, consumer
electronics, breakfast cereal), if a company puts out a system for
enhancement requests in a open community and solicit votes, their users
would expect more than 4% of those ideas to be implemented.  If 4% is on
par and what is expected then maybe the whole open RFE process isn't such a
good idea because it is just going to frustrate people.     *OR *maybe it
should be abundantly clear the goal of the Idea RFE process is to find a
handful of the cream of the crop ideas with an overwhelming number of votes
(although there are some with a comparatively large number of votes that
have lingered for years).  Be clear that it is not so much as the primary
source of enhancements but to (minimally) augment what is already being
done.

Jason