Jon,
I understand what you are saying, but stop for a second and ask your self a
question.
you have the company who created the application since 1992 (inception).
The underlying foundation of the code and the structure has not changed
since. over 12,000 customers at times and yes there have been some
fluctuations. 4 top guys on this list who do this for a living telling
you... NO there is not a problem with security.
But You a person in the desert yelling it is..  Which is more likely wrong
in this situation? you or the original founders, and another 12000 people.
Lets not be hard headed and kill ourselves if this is the wrong tree to be
barking at...    you can do this!   People just mentioned very clear ways
through the proper security features that already exists, to prevent it
from happening.  Just ask, and they will help you...
sorry to be harsh...  I am not being rude.. but ... be teachable..

Patrick Zandi