Hi Ivan, all,

Ivan M wrote:
Hi Bernhard,

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 8:30 AM, Dr. Bernhard Dippold
<bernh...@familie-dippold.at>  wrote:
[...]
Does anybody knows if the wiki size might be a problem one day?

I remember times where the wiki was out of service - and these have been
much more than the collabnet website containing issue tracker.

I'm not sure why the wiki has been down so much recently,
I hope this will not be the case when we need it for our work - otherwise Issue Tracker would be better IMHO.
[...]

Slightly off topic - with regard to general discussions and resources,
the problem with the current website is that it is really out of date
in terms of content.
I know - I've been more or less the only one updating the website when I've been active two or three years ago. Since then, nearly nothing has changed.
After some discussion, I started 'migrating' the art project to the
wiki, using the UX project's wiki pages as a model:

Please see: http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Art
How to join the Art Project:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Art/How_To_Join
Art Project Contributor List:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Art/Community (please add
yourself here), etc.
In terms of maintaining pages, it's much easier than tunneling and
CVS'ing. What do you think?
Maintaining is easier at the wiki, but modifying "official" content is easy as well. Therefore I'd prefer the website for static information and the wiki for anything that changes more or less often.

Your pages are a good starting point for people interested in OOo Art, but I'd like to keep some pages (updated!) at the website as well.

The pages at the website should contain
- the galleries containing official artwork approved by this list
- information about the project, it's goals, style guide, licenses and other unchanged stuff - a starting page linking to the galleries, the information pages and to the wiki (I updated the Art Project's index page two years ago, but didn't finalize it - it's still stored at index_beta.html, but it doesn't use the new colors of the main project.)

Perhaps the how-to pages could be at the website as well, if they have reached a final state at the wiki.

But as the wiki is easier to start with, I am all for improving the existing pages on the wiki and updating the website one by one.

All of this is just my personal opinion - and if the contributors here want to work differently, I don't have a problem with any other solution.

The wiki seems to be worked on by just a few people too, so this might be improved as well.

Best regards

Bernhard

Regards,
Ivan.