Hi Austin, all,

Austin Martin wrote:
> *Hello Everyone,**
>
> *Third one of these, smaller than the 1st or 2nd, but maybe more important
> than both..

good size :-)
(Just changed the tilte to tell more about the content than "report")

> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Image:ArtProjectMapping-AustinMartin.png
>
> - This is my proposal for the gutting, cleaning, and creating the new Art
> Project Wiki.

I wanted to create such a comprehensive image too, but didn't have the time to
do so :-(

> (I haven't read Bernhard's post thoroughly, which just got
> sent to me.)

There are some priniciple differences between the proposals where we should
agree on one of them before we go and create new pages IMHO.

Main difference:

-Your proposal includes everything (static pages as well as the official
galleries) in the wiki part, while I want them to become part of the website.

As Ivan and myself  told you, we want the wiki for artwork uploads and
collaborative project work. Main informations for people coming to meet us
should be presented on the website. As long as these pages don't exist there in
the quality we want to achieve, the user should be redirected to corresponding
wiki pages, because they are more easily to create and to modify.

Of course this is just an idea that can be discussed. We should find a solution
everybody here might eb able to livewith and work with.

> Please give me feedback on this.

It's structuerd in a clear and comprehensive way, that covers all the topics we
want to be presented to the public.

I don't want to comment the differences to my proposal (moving the official
artwork gallery to the website etc.), but there is one point I don't understand:

> Also note that the artwork
> proposals will have the Proposals/ added to them and they will be in that
> directory.

What's the reason for adding a subdirectory /proposals/?

If an author wants his/her artwork to become official, this proposal has to be
sent to the mailing list IMHO. If it is accepted for the official gallery, it
can be added there, but if it is rejected, it will become part of the
additional artwork gallery.

So why not put it in the additional gallery from the beginning?

And if the official gallery will not be stored at the wiki, the additional
gallery will become the "Gallery" for all submitted artwork.

WIth regard to the sandbox: Do you want this to become a single page or a
subdirectory for different tasks / collaborative artwork?

I understand the other pages on the main level as information and lists, but
this might become a larger area where we really work with the wiki.

> -------------------------
>
> @ http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Art/Gallery
> - Moved the additional artwork gallery thing here, but still need to
> change/move the directory of the other subpages.

Please wait with creating new directories/pages until we found a way to
structrue the entire project.

> - Right now it seems stupid considering that:
> ---- 1.) The contents box is weirdly organized.

agreed - I don't think we need a contents box on that page if we just use it to
link to the subdierctories (via buttons/images?)

> ---- 2.) The proposals are pushed to the bottom..

As I mentioned above: I don't see a reason for this discrimination. They should
be part of the corresponding subgalleries.

> - A two column (I think that is possible), would be the best solution I
> think.

But not necessary IMHO.

> *Further Plans:*
>
> @ http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Art
> - Reconstruct the entire Wiki to the Art Project new directory proposal (I
> made >.>).

Not yet please - collaborative working means finding a way together, not to
present a final position that might be accepted or rejected (including the work
and time spent for it).

> And I'll come out with a large list (Report #4) of killed pages
> in the making, lol.

Please don't create even more pages that have to be killed in future...

> @ http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Template:Art
> - Change this so that it goes along with the Art Project new directory
> proposal.

When we agreed on one of the proposals.

> - I would also like to add something like this to the template:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:FOSS, which actually uses this
> template: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Navbox, Or only have this on
> the template, and just add a small thing at the top formatted much the same
> as the bottom, but smaller.

It's great to have such a table on the wiki - didn't know that this is possible.

But I don't know if it is necessary for the navigation bar on the right, where
I'd like to link only to the main areas and the galleries.

The navbar template seems to me as if it would fit perfectly for the gallery
page (linking to the subgalleries) and for the subgalleries (linking to the
single artwork pages or areas).

> Official Wiki Manager? lol.

At least: Most active wiki contributor ATM :-)

Best regards

Bernhard