From: Bernhard Dippold [mailto:bernh...@familie-dippold.at]
Sent: Monday, 7 September 2009 8:25 AM
To: art@marketing.openoffice.org
Subject: Re: [art] Request for templates for OOoCon presentations

Hi John, all,

John McCreesh schrieb:
> Every year we give presenters at OOoCon an Impress template for them
> to use, themed for the conference. Could *you* be the author of this
> year's template?

Thanks for the request - I think, there are several artists here able to
create a high quality Impress template that not only contains the OOoCon
logo, but use the graphical elements of OOo3 too. This would help us to
create a visual identity for OOo3 - one of our mail tasks even if we haven't
been able to work on that topic actively during the last months...

> Guidelines:
>
> * templates should be small (kB)
> * templates should export well as pdfs
> * templates should look ok if printed in black and white
> * templates should be suitable for printing on ink jet printers

I'd like to add
* templates should be able to be presented in more or less bright rooms
(IIRC the rooms are not darkened very much for OOoCon presentation), so a
light background would be recommended.

> and this year's OOoCon artwork is here
> http://www.plio.it/ooocon-files/

That's the OOoCon logo, might be added to the OOoCon logo wiki page:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/OOo_Conference_Logos

OOo3 artwork has been uploaded to the wiki:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Art/OOo3_Design
(the colored balls there still show the OOo2 colors)

There is an Impress template linked from the Art Wiki:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/File:Impress_template_thumb.png
But I don't know if we can/should use this as basis for the OOoCon.

> Any takers? Bernard, should people use the Art wiki for their proposals?
Of course I'd like to see the work to be presented at the wiki, but I don't
have the time to create the page
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Art/Gallery/ImpressTemplates
(already linked from the Additional Artwork Gallery) tonight, as we're
traveling back from holiday tomorrow.

I'd copy and modify the Poster/Banner/Flyer page
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Art/Gallery/PostersBannersFlyers
during the next days - if someone else wants to do it, don't hesitate.

Best regards

Bernhard