On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 4:30 AM, Dr. Bernhard Dippold
<bernh...@familie-dippold.at> wrote:
> Hi Alexandro, Ivan *
>
>> On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 8:54 PM, Ivan M  wrote:
>> > Hi Alexandro,
>> >
>> > It looks OK to me - the image is based on Bernhard's proposal at [1],
>> > except I've kept the OOo logo the same size as previously - the arrow
>> > graphics and the text are the same.
>
> As I'm not able to locate the orginal file, please tell me the right size.
>
>> On my 1280x1024 monitor, the arrow
>>
>> Actually it was my fault I did have an extra zoom level.
>>
>> > looks fine - do you have a particular page or screen resolution you're
>> > referring to? The version 3.x is there to clarify that we're not
>> > talking about downloads of version 3(.0), but also 3.0.1, 3.1, etc.
>>
>> I know but we are not talking to engineers and people probably not
>> care and most people will think x is some new version. As a marketing
>> guy, we ought to know this.
>
> "Version 3" is jsut too long - this would reduce the size of the text, so it
> is nearly unreadable.
> I didn't use V3 because this doesn't refer to versioning at all.

Why not just droping the whole "of version 3.x" part. Like you said is
unreadable and irrelevant. Plus is not really an artistic text either.
Just by having the symbology of 100,000,000 and the Green arrow was
enough. The whole text at the bottom is information that we can
provide somewhere else like the front page or something.

I would like to share the bizdev.openoffice.org or the
http://porting.openoffice.org/mac/

> Sorry - I'm not at home, so I can't update the logo until this evening.
> (forgot to upload the SVG source...)
>
> Best regards
>
> Bernhard
>>

>> > [1] http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Art/Dedicated_Logos