Hello,

I am trying to do an ACT comparison using big_blast on two constructions of
the same partial genome (one with 4 contigs and one with 3 to see where the
various pieces have been joined together).  I was therefore expecting large
blocks of identical sequence showing rearrangement etc.  However, I seem to
be getting loads of small blocks.  I think that of this is due to multiple
repeat elements but I was wondering if it was something to do with the
window size used by blastn or the block size by big_blast.  Does anyone have
any suggestions on how to improve the layout?

Thanks in advance
Melanie Duffield
Bioinformatics
Biomedical Sciences
Porton Down
Wilts
SP4 0JQ

Tel (1)980 614364
Fax (1)980 614307

"This e-mail is intended for the recipient only.  If you are not the
intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print,
or rely upon this e-mail. If an addressing or transmission error has
misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by replying to this e-mail."

"Recipients should note that all e-mail traffic on MOD systems is
subject to monitoring and auditing."