From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of Gowthaman Ramasamy
Sent: Tue 9/30/2008 10:29 AM
To: artemis-users@sanger.ac.uk
Subject: [Artemis-users] getting Art talk to Chado

Hello All,
I am a newbie trying to get the CHADO-Artemis going locally. I understand
inorder to do that I need to get JDBC and ibatis on my machine.
But, due to my poor knowledge in Java, I am not able get them work. I got the
jdbc's jar file (postgresql-8.3-603.jdbc4.jar). But, not sure how to put them
in class path. When i use classspath and export option, it did not make any
difference while running art...

I get the following error when starting art (the latest version 10) with
database flags....

Command:::./art -Dchado="localhost:/chadoEIGHT?" -Dibatis
-Djdbc.drivers=org.postgresql.Driver

Error::::java.lang.RuntimeException: java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver
found for jdbc:postgresql://localhost:/chadoEIGHT

I got the postgresql-8.3-603.jdbc4.jar file,  but would like to learn where to
put that......
Also, what should I do with ibatis file?

Gowthaman