Hi Matthew

You can access GeneDB in read-only mode:

db.genedb.org:5432/snapshot?genedb_ro

You can access it by launching Artemis from:

http://www.sanger.ac.uk/Software/Artemis/v11/database/

In the login menu you can change in the 'Available databases' list to
'GeneDB (read-only)'. This does not require a password.

This uses