I'm trying to read a BAM file into Artemis (release 13.0 for Mac), and keep
getting an error message that it can't find my bam.bai file.

I have 454 reads that were converted to BAM format using Galaxy, and I can
visualize the alignment against an E. coli genome using the UCSC browser that
is built in.  So I downloaded the .bam and index file (which I changed the
extension to .bam.bai), and loaded up an E. coli genome into Artemis.  When I
try to load in the .bam file, I get an error message that says it can't find
the .bam.bai.  Both files are in the same folder, and except for the extension
are saved with identical names.  Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Ed

Edward G. Dudley, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Food Science