Hi All

I've switched over to using GFF3 some time ago simply because it's the
preferred file format for most software. Since then, I've been having
some problem in artemis. I've tried to dig, but maybe because I have
not digged deep enough... Please, anyone, if you can help.

During annotation, I write GFF3 files according to the guide on
http://www.sequenceontology.org/gff3.shtml. However, because there
isn't an artemis GFF validator, valid GFF3 files still have problems
in artemis. The Parent tag is supposed to be able to group exons into
transcripts (mRNA?) and transcripts into genes. However, the features
with identical Parent tags are not linked in artemis. Why is this so?

I also have problems with features I mark as mRNAs. When I load the
GFF files in artemis, in most cases the mRNA are greyed out in the
feature list. I rana search and found in one of the artemis paper that
this means the feature is "hidden". But I could not find a switch to
"unhide" it. When I generate new mRNA feature in artemis, it is not
hidden by default. Can I change this? If not, can I at least unhide it
individually?

Thank you!
Yealing.