Van: artemis-users-boun...@sanger.ac.uk
[mailto:artemis-users-boun...@sanger.ac.uk] Namens Abhinay
Verzonden: woensdag 12 augustus 2015 14:14
Aan: artemis-users@sanger.ac.uk
Onderwerp: [Artemis-users] Best way to produce the ACT crunch file?

Hi
What is the best way to generate a good comparison crunch file for ACT?
The manual is not very helpful. I tried using WebACT but I do not get any
output from it. MSPCrunch also did not work well. tblastx works well but the
hits are fragmented. Do you know of any tblastx parameters that I can tweak to
get more "broad" hits. Also, I want to compare two multi-FASTA files ( indexed
by faidx) with associated gff files (indexed by tabix), so is it possible to
create a similar indexed crunch file between them?

Thanks!
Regards
Abhinay Ramaprasad
PhD Candidate
Pathogen Genomics Laboratory (Dr. Arnab Pain) KAUST