I assume you are using Jetty. This will not work OOTB without a special
extended connector that hardcodes the https scheme (see:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Jetty/Tutorial/Apache - Proxying SSL on Apache to
HTTP on Jetty).
You can use AJP which is supposed to tell the servlet container everything
about the correct base url - but that isn't recommended with Jetty... (see
the above URL).
If you want HTTPS->HTTP, the easiest is to use Tomcat with mod_proxy_ajp -
it requires zero configuration on the Artifactory side, or
with mod_proxy_http - in this case you will still have to add the base URL
in Artifactory for redirects to work properly.

We will add a detailed wiki entry about this setup options to docs very
soon.

Yoav