Hi,

As far as I know, there are no plans to stop the Papilio Pro production,
but Jack can probably tell us about this.

Porting ARTIQ to the Mojo board would mainly involve:
1. creating a new platform file in Mibuild with the pin assignments
(https://github.com/m-labs/migen/blob/master/mibuild/platforms/papilio_pro.py)
2. creating a new base MiSoC target that uses it, with updated SDRAM
parameters
(https://github.com/m-labs/misoc/blob/master/targets/ppro.py#L70) and
PLL settings
(https://github.com/m-labs/misoc/blob/master/targets/ppro.py#L10).
Probably this CRG module can be put in some library and shared between
the two boards, as I imagine only the numbers would change.
4. finding a way to connect the MiSoC serial console to the PC,
hopefully through the AVR. If there is already some code provided by
Mojo that takes RS232 on the FPGA side and supports a /dev/ttyUSBX node
on the PC, that's easy.
5. creating a new ARTIQ target that derives from the Mojo base MiSoC
target (similar to
https://github.com/m-labs/artiq/blob/master/soc/targets/artiq.py#L42)
5. developing support for the analog inputs: AVR code, AVR/FPGA
communication protocol, FPGA core, ARTIQ runtime syscalls, Python
driver. Or read the analog inputs from the PC if ~10ms timing precision
is enough.

Sébastien