Hi,

On 10/24/2015 01:16 AM, Robert Jördens wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 23, 2015 at 6:56 PM, Sébastien Bourdeauducq <s...@m-labs.hk>
> wrote:
>> What exactly should the hotkeys do in ARTIQ, and what are their use cases?
>>
>> As I understand, the idea is to assign hotkeys to experiments in the
>> explorer, and pressing one will run the associated experiment with the
>> arguments currently set for it in the right panel of the explorer.
>
> Yes. If it is a useful simplification, a limitation to the function
> keys would be fine.

Done. Right click in the experiment list in the explorer panel to define
shortcuts.

>> Are there other hotkey feature requests/use cases?
>
> IMHO the UI should also have a sensible adaptation the usual desktop
> keybindings:
>

> When the scheduler pane is active:
> delete: (graceful) termination

Done. Delete = graceful termination, Shift+Delete = kill.

> enter: open in explorer?

That's slightly complicated to implement and additionally Ting Rei wants
several explorer docks. Then there is the problem of which one to use
(or create a new one?).

> When the explorer is in focus:
> enter: enqueue
>
> When an experiment is in focus:
> ctrl-enter: enqueue

What exactly is the difference between "explorer in focus" and
"experiment in focus"? Does it matter to be able to use Enter without
CTRL in the former case?

Sébastien