Hi Stuart,

You are correct.  The central frequency of the mirrored lines in arts are
just set to be negative, letting all the other calculations go on as
usual.  So the addition of pressure shift is not handled correctly.  (It
even slows some functions down because we have to apply abs(F0), but this
was not considered in regards to the shifting.)

Two possible solutions exists:
1) Change so F0 in line 1350 of absorption.cc has the absolute value
applied to it before the shift and is then multiplied by its actual sign.

2) Remove the mirrored lines function and enforce F0>0, and tell people to
use the existing "Mirrored Lorentz" instead when they want to use the
transformation lineshape.

Option 2 means that all simulations will be slightly faster because it
reduces the number of calculations and we an remove some existing abs(F0)
complications.  Option 1 means people do not have to change controlfiles
but it makes all code slightly slower.  I argue we go with option 2.  The
present implementation of how we deal with the pressure shift is not really
compatible with HTP, so it will have to change at some point soon anyways.

What do others on the developer list say?

With hope,
//Richard