Dear colleague,

this is a friendly reminder of the abstract submission deadline for the next
EGU General Assembly which is the next Wednesday, 11 January 2017, 13:00 CET.

We invite you to consider submitting to our session which is titled
“Atmospheric applications in microwave radiometry" (AS1.7/GI2.9). Our session
aims to cover wide radiometry applications such as:

- determination of humidity and temperature structure
- retrieval of cloud and precipitation properties
- observations of relevant trace gases
- activities that are used to validate products that are retrieved using these
observations
- fundamental aspects of microwave radiometry and
atmospheric-application-driven innovation such as hardware development,
radiometer calibration and measurement configuration are welcome, as well as on
inversion techniques and their uncertainty specification
- papers that show the potential of combining microwave radiometer observations
with other active or passive remote sensing observations, either from the
ground or from space
- use of microwave remote sensing data for now-casting and/or assimilation into
NWP models for improving short-term weather forecasts

Please click below to find more information and to submit an abstract.

http://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU2017/session/22688
<http://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU2016/session/21016>

Looking forward to seeing you in Vienna!

Kind regards,

The conveners
Francisco Navas, Nico Cimini, Susanne Crewell, Stefan Bühler, Bernhard Pospichal