From: arts_users.mi-boun...@lists.uni-hamburg.de
<arts_users.mi-boun...@lists.uni-hamburg.de> on behalf of Pauline Martinet
<pauline.marti...@meteo.fr>
Sent: Thursday, December 7, 2017 11:44:51 AM
To: arts users mi
Subject: [arts-users] arts run time error in z_fieldfrom HSE

Hi everybody,

I am facing an error I had with ARTS several years ago that I though was
resolved.

For some profiles I get the error message:

Run-time error in method: z_fieldFromHSE
The surface altitude (*z_surface*) cannot be outside of the altitudes in
*z_field*.
Stopping ARTS execution.

To avoid this problem, I define the first level of the z_field grid to be 1
meter lower than the z_surface.

1 meter difference was enough but this time for a new dataset, the z_field grid
needs to start at least 3 to 5 meters
below the z_surface so that ARTS does not crash.

Can it cause large differences to the simulation if I define the altitude grid
5 meters lower ?
Can this problem come from the pressure grid even though the error message only
specifies the altitude ?

I am simulating a ground-based microwave radiometer.

Thank a lot for any help,

Best regards,

Pauline

----- M?t?o-France -----