Hi,

I can give you some help.

       First, The description of particle size in the Single Scattering
Database is Dmax,  they are discrete values. So, how to use the Single
Scattering Database with Atmlab to calculate the scattering characteristics of
ramdom size?

I assume your question is about how you can interpolate the data in size. For
this, use the function "assp_interp_size", which is available in the database
interface.

      Second, if Gammma size distribution is used, so, when calculating the
particle number density, what is the input “r” refer to? Do I need to convert
Dmax to equal volume sphere radius or Reff?

I'm not fully sure what you refer to when you talk about input. Is it a
specific function or are you referring to the user-guide? There exist no
standard on what particle size parameter to use in the gamma distribution.

In any case, you don't need to do any conversions to get the volume sphere
radius r. The database also gives the volume equivalent diameter Dveq as
particle size . It's called "diameter_volume_equ"  in the meta data structure.
So to get r:

r=Dveq/2.

I hope this helped.

Best regards,

Robin Ekelund

PhD Student
Department of Space, Earth and Environment
+46(0)31 772 17 66
robin.ekel...@chalmers.se

Chalmers University of Technology
Hörsalsvägen 9/11
SE-412 96 Göteborg, Sweden
www.chalmers.se

________________________________
       Hello, I have two questions about the use of the single scattering
database.

       First, The description of particle size in the Single Scattering
Database is Dmax,  they are discrete values. So, how to use the Single
Scattering Database with Atmlab to calculate the scattering characteristics of
ramdom size?

      Second, if Gammma size distribution is used, so, when calculating the
particle number density, what is the input “r” refer to? Do I need to convert
Dmax to equal volume sphere radius or Reff?

      Best wishes!

yours,

Weng Chensi