Hi Byungsuk,

> On 17 Oct 2018, at 10:54, Byungsuk Lee <cbl6...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello Oliver,
>
> Thank you for your reply.
>
> I have tried with AppleClang without OpenMP, and the installation was
> successfully completed. Thank you.
>
> With that, I tried my OEM code, but the irregular t_field errors (discussed
> previously in emails with ARTS users and Simon Pfreundschuh) still occurred.
>
> I have tried with Homebrew Clang or GCC compilers and without the fortran and
> netCDF supports as well, and the errors still persisted.
>
> I am starting to question that the externally installed compilers or the
> packages might not be the problem. Maybe it has something more to do with
> some fundamental or built-in feature of Mac that is different from Ubuntu.
> What it may actually be, I could not guess.

Yes, looking at the "consistency" of the results, I totally agree with you.

> If anyone has tried the development version's OEM on Mac (or Macbook), with
> the test file "ARTS/controlfiles/artscomponents/oem/TestOEM.arts", with the
> retrieval quantity switched from O3 vmr to temperature, with the number of
> frequencies and the number of pressure layers reduced to about 20 (f_grid,
> p_gird, and p_ret_grid), and was successful without irregularly occurring
> errors for t_field during OEM, please let me know.

I'm developing on Mac myself and can take a closer look at it. But can you
please mail me the controlfile which exhibits this behaviour? I want to be 100%
sure I'm running the same as you and don't want to dig through the whole mail
thread piecing together the bits of information about the exact setup. :-)

Cheers,
Oliver