From: Patrick Eriksson <patrick.eriks...@chalmers.se>
Sent: March 7, 2019 2:21 PM
To: Bliankinshtein, Natalia; arts_users.mi@lists.uni-hamburg.de
Subject: Re: [arts-users] FASTEM in ARTS

Dear Natalia,

Try this:

VectorCreate( trv )
NumericCreate( wind_speed )
NumericCreate( wind_dir )

AgendaSet( iy_surface_agenda ){
   SurfaceDummy
   specular_losCalc
   ppathCalc( rte_pos=rtp_pos, rte_los=specular_los )
   ArrayOfStringSet( iy_aux_vars, ["Optical depth"] )
   iyEmissionStandard
   transmittanceFromIy_aux( transmittance=trv )
   surfaceFastem( wind_speed=wind_speed, wind_direction=wind_dir,
transmittance=trv )
   iySurfaceRtpropCalc
}

This should work. I have not actually made a test run (due to lack of
time) but hopefully I have not missed any detail. (If you use this, you
can ignore surface_rtprop_agenda).

FASTEM does not fit into the pattern of ARTS, as it wants the
transmission as input. This makes the agenda definition a bit messy.

FASTEM 6 is default.

My suggestion uses the default for salinity, adopt if you want to use
another value.

You need a quite recent version of ARTS 2.3 for this. I added the method
transmittanceFromIy_aux not a long time ago.

Bye,

Patrick