We are pleased to announce that version 1.1.0 of the ARTS scattering
database has been released. Database, technical report and readme
document have been updated. It is highly recommended to download both
the new interface and database versions. They are found at the same
places as v1.0 (https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.1175572 and
The updates are:
- Added three new habits: two liquid habits with azimuthally random
orientation and one new bullet rosette with totally random orientation
(with IDs from 35 to 37). The two liquid habits are presented in
- Updated Python interface to accommodate azimuthally random oriented
data and with some other minor updates.
- DDA calculations at frequencies under 100 GHz have been re-calculated
using higher EPS settings, in order to better accommodate radar
applications (see technical report, Sec. 4.1.1).
- The tolerance of the extinction cross-section post-calculation check
is now 10 % instead of 30 % (see bullet 5 in technical report, Sec.
184.108.40.206). Those calculations that could not meet the stricter criteria
were recalculated using higher EPS setting.
- Format of standard habits revised. The weighting applied to the large
habit at each size is now available in the in the mat-files.
- Fixed wrong index for GEM hail in specifications table.
I take the opportunity to thank Robin for doing most of the work here.
Also thanks to Vasileios that updated the interface.
arts_users.mi mailing list