Hi Everyone,

I had some questions about the calculated brightness temperature in ARTS.

When I calculate the brightness temperature for an atmospheric scenario in
"horizon looking mode" and in clearsky. I get a brightness temperature at
183.31 GHz (Water vapor absorption line), which is about 3 to 6 degrees lower
than the ambient temperature.

I would assume that at the water vapor absorption line and at low altitudes (~2
km above sea level), I should measure very close to the ambient temperature
(Due to high absorption).

So, my questions are:

1.)  Is this brightness temperature bias expected?, or can something else cause
this?

Thanks,
Renish