Dear Mathias,

Nice, I am happy to see that other people are working on this topic as well.

In terms of apriori, I am indeed doing the same kind of forcing on the ozone
profile to avoid some high ozone VMR retrieved at low altitudes, problem that I
got before using such a forcing.

May I ask what you are using as apriori profile and covariance matrix for the
H2O profile ? I tested ECMWF and Fascod as apriori for the H2O and it did not
produce significant changes, the thing that matters the most in that view seems
to be the apriori cov value for H2O setup with constant std deviation around
6e-4 or 6 ppm (I do all my retrievals in vmr units, both for O3 and H2O). Note
that this value was mostly a guess but works (enable convergence...) for all my
retrievals. This might change soon though depending on the current discussion..

Regarding the polyfit value, I am also not providing any specific apriori
value, only a covariance matrix for each of the terms.

Best regards,

Eric