Dear ARTS team,

After playing around with a 1d Gaussian antenna response (using the workspace
variable ‘AntennaConstantGaussian1D’), I now want to set a custom antenna
pattern from actual lab measurements.

I have vectors for the zenith and azimuth angles, as well as a grid of
normalized antenna responses for each Stokes vector element. The normalization
follows the ARTS behavior, where the integral of the responses over all angle
increments is 1.

Can you guys help me out with correctly using that info in ARTS? I briefly
looked at creating a workspace variable named ‘antenna_response’ with
‘GriddedField4’, but somehow the format confuses me. Also, I am pretty sure
that this is not enough and there probably are more steps I need to take for
ARTS to accept that variable as the antenna pattern.

Thanks for your help and best wishes,
Frank

--
Frank Werner
Mail Stop 183-701, Jet Propulsion Laboratory