Hi Ryosuke,

Unfortunately, there is currently no arts-lectures package available for ARTS
2.4. The master branch is not compatible with any released ARTS version.

We are in the process of updating the lecture package to be compatible with the
latest pre-release version (2.5.6) of ARTS. But note that this is a work in
progress and currently only exercises 1, 2, 4 and 7 have been updated to work
with that version. The develop branch of the arts-lectures package can be found
here: https://github.com/atmtools/arts-lectures/tree/develop

The README contains links to matching catalog versions.

While the source code for ARTS 2.5.6 is available on Github[1], the easiest way
to get up and running is to create an environment with conda, preferably from
mambaforge/miniforge[2]. This will install a precompiled version of PyARTS and
thus eliminating the need to compile ARTS yourself:

conda create -n pyarts -c rttools -c conda-forge python=3.10 pyarts ipympl
jupyterlab typhon
conda activate pyarts
export
ARTS_DATA_PATH=/home/username/arts-cat-data-snapshot-arts-2.5.6:/home/username/arts-xml-data-snapshot-arts-2.5.6
jupyter-lab arts-lectures/exercises/01-molecule_spectra/absorption.ipynb

Adapt the ARTS_DATA_PATH according to the locations on your system.

Cheers,
Oliver

[1] https://github.com/atmtools/arts/releases/tag/v2.5.6
[2] https://github.com/conda-forge/miniforge