Hello,

I'm wondering if attenuation due to gases when using iyRadarSingleScat is only
considered where scattering particles exist. I'm trying to simulate backscatter
for a 94 GHz 'radar' for liquid clouds containing liquid precipitation only,
and I see that gas absorption is non-zero only within the cloud. That is, there
is zero attenuation in clear sky regions even though water vapor values are
quite high. I would think attenuation due to water vapor would exist above
cloud (for nadir looking sensor) as well as below cloud (for zenith pointing
sensor). I've tried using 'LookUpTable' as well as 'OnTheFly' calculations for
'propmat_clearsky_agenda', but neither seem to output gas absorption at 94 GHz
in clear sky regions.

Thanks in advance for your help,
--Adrian Loftus

Dr. Adrian Loftus
Research AST Earth Sciences Remote Sensing
Mesoscale Atmospheric Processes Lab, Code 612
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
Greenbelt, MD 20771
Tel: (301) 614-6210
adrian.m.lof...@nasa.gov