Mea culpa! I do have it wrong. I mistated that the MOU was dated
April 2001. Thanks to someone watching over my shoulder I see that
it is actually August 2001 and the restated and amended
redevelopment agreement is dated October 2002, so I guess you can
lay this at the feet of the current council.
Asbury Couple, I don;t think I was being unfair, and perhaps you
were not referring to me. As I said before (maybe), it would not be
so bad if the current council would simply stop and say - oophs!, I
think I got somethng wrong here and let's try to fix it. No, what
you generally get is when citizens question things, the council
(naturally) gets defensive and bad vibes go on both sides. Those who
question are not the maniacs and anti-development freaks they are
sometimes made out to be. Sometimes their volume and impatience
levels rise because NO ONE SEEMS TO BE LISTENING. Eveybody makes
mistakes. Own up to it and try to fix it instead of saying, no
you're definitely wrong. I will say it again - the council has no
expertise to be the redevelopment authority. TRiCity wrote a column
last week that had a remark I find laughable. It said that by the
current parceling out of different parcels, AP could object to a
single projectand not have a single developer hold up the entire
redevelopment. What a joke! What has been going on now for almost 3-
4 years? We get a "master developer" who sits on his hands and a
council that let him do it. What was wrong with AP itself selling
off the parcels? Of course, the problem is that the whole thing was
held up in bankruptcy court. I am willing to cut some slack, but we
could have done a lot better. Even if not, we didn't have to
compound the insult in the ensuing years. Why hasn't CH been fixed?
Why so long for the Casino? I too am a beleiver in mankind. They are
all honest and did the best they could. Sorry, it was not good
enough. Too much at stake. Stop trying to hide your mistakes. When I
find that I have an error in a valuation going to court, the first
thing I do on the stand is own up to it. To try to hide it is
foolish, because someone is always watching.
Yahoo! Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AsburyPark/
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/