What is Keady doing about the past deadlines? When he was citizen Keady, he claimed he was going to get to the bottom of this. It is one thing to say these words or talk about how the redevelopment should be, but actions would be nice. Maybe action has been taken, just nobody tells us.
dfsavgny <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
dfsavgny <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
--- In [email protected], "bluebishop82"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I fully understand that most (on this board) don't want to thank
the
> folks that got the job done. I do.
Tom, while not ready to thank Fishman and Co., I don't place blame
with them as much as I do with the city for not holding them to the
agreement. Giving them the benefit of the doubt for the original
agreement, assuminh things were as bad as you say, there is no
excuse for the past four years. Quite frankly I don't know what to
think any more and can't fathom why the city has not tried to get
more when it has continually had the chance to do so through
repeated amendments to the plan, most recently at the last council
meeting. It appears that Asbury Partners has become the sacred cow
in AP. Take for instance something that is near and dear to both of
our hearts; the Triangle. While you have made public your opinion
that I should not be involved in the process, you cannot deny that
it was the city, led by Loffredo, who asked for my assistance. That
was 9 long months ago with no progress except for a meeting with
Reidy and Aaron in early March. In fact, I can't even get a response
from either despite numerous attempts. It is my understanding that
Jim Keady brought this up at the last council meeting and now I
understand that Reidy has brought it back to the council to decide
if I am to be involved. Aren't we back to square one? Didn't they
ask already and even offer to HIRE me? Doesn't this seem a little
strange? Say I am right and the Triangle is worth substantially more
than either the city of developer thinks it is. It was conveyed in
2002 and in Dec 2004 the city $400,000 on account (the diffrence to
be paid or refunded). Say the price gets set at $4 million by the
process sometime from now. There is no provision for interest to be
paid. Who gets to use property for free? Why is the city sitting on
its hands? You know that money deferred is worth less. This is a
long way of me saying that for many of us here, you can't separate
MD Sass's purchase of the rights and the snail's pace, missteps and
outright flagrant abuse of the agreement. All of that is simply
compounded by the city sitting idly by while it all wnet (and goes)
on.
__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
http://mail.yahoo.com
SPONSORED LINKS
| United state patent | United state flag | United state patent search |
| Trademark united state | United state quarters | Asbury park nj |
YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
- Visit your group "AsburyPark" on the web.
- To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
- Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.
