Gary said:

"Guess you're not listening to the right stations... In my opinion 
this is one of the greatest eras for music since the ability to make a 
cd is within the hands of just about every artist in the world."

In some ways that's good.  I'm all for the rugged individual promoting 
himself.  On the other hand, music could end up damaged liked the 
1960's damaged art.  Art lost all its standards. Suddenly anyone 
putting a brush to canvass could claim to be an "artist" simply 
because he was creating, even if what he was creating stunk.  No 
standards. Ask any artist when he actually became one and you won't 
get an answer.  If I can record any old noise on a CD am I a 
musician?  I don't think so, but in a standard less society, I'll be 
able to say that I am.

By the way Gary, I'm interested:  What CD's are currently in your CD 
changer right at this very moment?





------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Get fast access to your favorite Yahoo! Groups. Make Yahoo! your home page
http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/Y2tolB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AsburyPark/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 



Reply via email to