I received a copy of a letter from Jim Aaron in response to Jim 
Keady's inquiry as to the status of the Triangle appraisal process 
and my invitation by the city to be involved. Some of you may be 
aware that I have indicated that I have not received any response to 
my own inquiries after meeting with the city in early March. As of 
early April (last responses) the city indicated my involvement was 
still desired. It appears that that is no longer the case. Aaron 
makes a lame excuse that I am not a licensed/certified appraiser in 
NJ. I countered that that is irrelevant since 1) I was neither doing 
an appraisal or being the third appraiser, and 2)I could easily 
receive a reciprocal license/certification from NJ as I usually do 
when working in the state on a temporary basis.

Aaron's response suggests that the city has ignored my advice and 
has proceeded in the appraisal process. It also appears that the two 
appraisers (city and Fishman's) has selected a third appraiser but 
Fishman has rejected the choice saying that its appraiser did not 
have its the authority to do so. Aaron seems to be unworried because 
the city has already received $400,000 on account for the Triangle. 
Perhaps the city will be happy with getting something near that 
amount for the parcel. If that occurs, citizens should raise a 
stink, because we all know that the Triangle is worth several 
millions of dollars, even at the August 2001 valuation date. This is 
the kind of behind closed door dealings that breed mistrust. 50% of 
me assumed the city's invitation was a stalking horse.






------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Get fast access to your favorite Yahoo! Groups. Make Yahoo! your home page
http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/Y2tolB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AsburyPark/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 


Reply via email to