--- In [email protected], "Steve" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 
wrote:
>
> 
> Dfsavgny,
> 
> Any services which I use I've paid for ten times over from working
> over 32 Years!
> 
> Maybe you're the one that needs to be thanking people!
> 
> Steve
> 
Steve

This is Dan Sciannameo. We know each other and I have nothing 
against you. I disagree with only SOME of your views. What I 
disagree with almost across the board is your conclusions and 
remedies for our social ills. You have made repeated unsubstantiated 
claims here that what you describe as RICH people are ousting the 
poor out of AP and in society in general. You have also made the 
claim that RICH people do not pay their fair share of taxes. I 
posted statistics from the ept of the Treasury to show that you are 
wrong on the latter, but perhaps you believe that those statistics 
have been massaged by conservative forces. For the record, I am a 
registered Independent after two decades of being a Democrat. I make 
my own party. For much of my life I have been what can be loosely 
described a a "liberal." Are there ills in a capitalistic society? 
Sure. Is everything the fault of those in the upper income brackets? 
No. Your views are obsolete. While it is difficult to get out of 
urban, minority poverty, it is possible and there is plenty of help 
available. All the money in the world is not going to get a person 
out who merely wants a handout. I have lived and worked my entire 
life in racially-mixed, urban environments. I don;t have that white, 
suburban fear of minorities. I have riden the subways my entire life 
to work and for the most part, being white, I was the minority. I 
know that the vast majority of "minorities" are upstanding, working 
citizens. It is only a very small percentage of minorities in poor 
urban areas that some in white America use as their perspective for 
minorities as a whole. There will always be the have and have nots. 
Some you simply cannot help. Yes, it would be nice if we could 
emulate Jesus, Gandhi, etc., but don't make blanket statements about 
entire classes of people. The RICH you identify pay more than their 
fair share and quite frankly, without them, charitable 
organizations, from the arts to homeless shelters, would be out of 
business. It is exactly those RICH that are funding them. The Market 
Street Mission will do more harm than good for this city. It is time 
for this city to get out of the gutter - it's been there long 
enough. While a rising tide may not lift all boats equally, it will 
lift many, more than the shelter will.








 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AsburyPark/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 



Reply via email to