--- In [email protected], "dfsavgny" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> --- In [email protected], "Sharon Boone" <sharon_b283@> 
> wrote:
> >
> > --- In [email protected], "Hinge" <hinge98@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Did anybody watch Greetings from Asbury Park on NJN last night?
> > > If so, i'm wondering what people thought about it.

Dear Hinge, or whatever you call yourself, with no name, just an 
alias.  You MUST be new, or you'd know who I am, just as many other 
posters, do.  I didn't say the meetings Ex-cluded anyone!  I find 
them much ado about nothing since, the Council and the Partners are 
going to decide anyway.  I am related to Mayor Sanders, by marriage, 
and for the last time, I have known him practically ALL of his life!
Kevin has only one vote and whatever issues come before him, he has 
to do what he has to, even if some don't agree.  This isn't NYC or 
even Deal, across the bridge.  Everyone wants him and the council to 
perform miracles, or see things their way.  Everyone thinks that 
they are RIGHT, including ME! All I want is to be able to afford to 
continue to live here and be left alone!  You DON't know me, so 
don't assume!

Don't know when you joined this board, but respect the rights of 
others to disagree, even if YOU think YOU're  right!  We ALL are 
involved! 

The is an equal 
> opportunity redevelopment. It ignores everyone. 

When this happens, let me know.

Our mayor is a person 
> of color as is another councilman. 

I know Ed, also.

There are others of color on the 
> public payroll as well. Let's not play the race card. 

What race card?  Seems you play it well!

This city belongs 
> to who ever comes to invest or live here, obey the laws and be 
> productive. Race, religion, etc. does give anyone a priority and 
it 
> certainly should not disadvantage them.

I thought this was America.  Seems like Mississippi, sometimes.  I 
should know.  I came of age during the 60's, in New Orleans, 
attended private, but segregated schools.  Don't tell ME about the 
race card.  I LIVED it!  Katrina, proved that!

Most were born and raised here.  Why shouldn't they be employed in a 
town where they live?  Be careful, because you don't know who you 
are dealing with.  Not a threat, just a fact.  You have no idea, 
what Blacks have to live with, so don't assume, until you become, 
BLACK, or treated like one.  You make the same generalities 
all "other" so-called Americans, make about people of color. You 
ASSUME, too much!

You speak of Gays, as if THEY are some "other", also.  They're the 
most misunderstood group, of all! I hope to see an Asbury Park, that 
is diverse and exciting, where everyone respects the other.  There's 
a lot of it here.  I saw it during the Katrina Rally last 
September.  Some of the greatest Americans of all, live here! I 
know.  It's not perfect, but forever trying.  Leave me alone!








 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AsburyPark/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 


Reply via email to