If I was indeed wrong, as well as the Police Officer whom I consulted, my apologies!
I will check it out with my Attorney friend at Legal Services in Edison on Monday to be 100% sure, either way!
It still, though, has absolutely NO affect on the need for the Mission, nor the fact that the Judge who reversed the city's Zoning Board decision obviously knows ALL of the correct laws, and OK'd it!
September it will be Open, regardless! The knit-picking is really after the fact, and meaningless!
Steve
--- In [email protected], "Tom" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> Here are the results of my quick research on background checks in
> regards to homeless shelters:
>
> New Jersey performs background checks - "New Jersey law requires the
> publicly funded shelter to do a background check to determine a
> person's reasons for being homeless, last place of residence and other
> background information. Prospective residents are told they could be
> turned over to police if they're being sought by authorities. "
> (SOURCE:
> http://www.thedailyjournal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050503/NEWS01/505030319/1002).
>
> Ohio performs background checks (SOURCE:
> http://burr.kent.edu/spr06stories/homeless.html).
>
> Wisconsin performs background checks (SOURCE:
> http://www.madison.com/communities/ihn/pages/danecountykids.php?php_page_set=0).
>
>
> Maryland performs background checks (SOURCE:
> http://www.hocmc.org/DaleDrive.htm).
>
> Kentucy performs background checks (SOURCE:
> http://plfo.org/advocate/volume_3_issue_3/boulware_sets_sights/)
>
> Florida performs background checks (SOURCE:
> http://www.pathofcitrus.org/History.htm)
>
> I am sure other states do as well.
>
> I am trying to stay on the sidelines and out of the fray on the
> shelter discussion for a while so I will just watch the fireworks.
>
> Tom
>
__._,_.___
SPONSORED LINKS
| Asbury park home | Asbury park nj | Asbury park hotel |
| Asbury park foreclosure | Asbury park real estate |
YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
- Visit your group "AsburyPark" on the web.
- To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
- Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.
__,_._,___
