--- In [email protected], "noblarneyzone" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
>
> Hi Dan:
>
> Hope all is well with you.
>
> I am a little confused by the email you received in regard to
> attributing to any group of people the highest instigator of HIV.
> It's has been some time, admittedly, since I had looked at the
> reports that were generated by State & Federal Government.
> In 2004 I read a fairly interesting private study that indicated
in
> the coastal monmouth area the major concern for the spred of HIV
was
> among intravienious drug users.
Hey RevKev, hope you're well too. I don't know if any particular
group is or isn't. I would think too that there was a decline among
gays and that most new instances are drug users. It doesn't make any
difference really to me. I was taken back by the email in that I
viewed it as lashing out against the gay community. The person
appeared to be knowledgeable about the facilities in that post,
which was about HabCore. I don't know if the person is connected
with that group. After that email, I hope not. It was written as if
I was purposefully not mentioning HIV clinics for the purpose of not
criticizing the gay community and that I was part of the group that
despised blacks. Well, I guess some of Steve's poison rubbed off on
others. I responded that I am neither gay nor do I despise blacks or
anyone for that matter, except perhaps Islamic terrorists. I also
said that I was only discussing homeless facilities and if I
mentioned HIV clinics, I might as well posted dialysis centers.
I think there are many agendas out there. I have none. WHile it may
be true that there are no per se homeless shelters in AP, there are
a number of facilities that serve the homeless, ranging from managed
living, soup kitchens and advisory services. AP also has a number of
other social service faciltiies including HIV clinics, a methadone
clinic, etc. I make no judgment on any of them. Yes it is our social
responsibility to help thos eless fortunate. The point is AP has
done more than its fair share and does not need the Market Street
Mission or any other shelter that will not screen clients. Its time
for other nearby communities to shoulder their fair share.
Yahoo! Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AsburyPark/
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/