GOOD POINT!! I'VE ALSO SEEN LIGHTS CONTROLLED SO THAT AFTER A CERTAIN EVENING HOUR, THE LIGHT ON THE MAIN DRAG WOULD STAY GREEN, AND ONLY TURN WHEN A CAR APPROACHED IN THE CROSS-STREET. THIS ALSO SAVES FUEL, AND TIME WAITING FOR A LIGHT WHEN NO TRAFFIC CAN BE SEEN, ASIDE FROM THE IMPORTANT EFFICIENCY AND SAFETY REASONS. GOOD IDEAS! -al
--- dfsavgny <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > --- In [email protected], Lighty > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > > > > I¹ve often thought that the lights should be one > of the first > things fixed > > as I think they help promote the image of the town > as a scary > place. There > > is nothing scarier for someone new to the area > than being stuck at > one of > > those lights at night for a very, very long time > (when no other > cars are > > nearby). > > > > Solution, after midnight selected intersections have > blinking red > lights and become stop signs. Some intersections can > be four-waystop > signs. That can be adjusted (assuming they are > centrally controlled, > which one would think would be the case with the > infrastructure > improvements) when there are events and seasonally. > I think I > noticed traffic cameras above some of the new poles > on Kingsley. How > about at each intersection. Money - yes. Crime > deterent, efficiency - > oh yes. Cheaper in the long haul. The problem is > there is really no > one in charge. We need a short-term dictator/emperor > for this city. > > > > > __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around http://mail.yahoo.com Yahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AsburyPark/ <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
