--- In [email protected], "wernerapnj" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 
wrote:
>
> Good points being made about the unreliability of Press reporting 
and the need for people 
> to attend meetings for eye-witness accounts.
> 
> None of the issues I raised were reported on, I questioned the 
Council extensively and 
> made recommendations.
> 
> Facts :
> - There is no potential developer for this site or block
> - There is no development proposal for this site or block
> - No other property on this block is being subjected to 
condemnation.
> - There is no immediate need for these parcels in terms of 
fulfilling the 'Plan'.
> - There is nothing that legally compels the council to vote YES 
for condemnation.
> - The Council fears being in litigation for voting NO
> ------------------------------------------------
> Recommendations:
> - I recommended a moratorium on any further condemnations pending 
completion of 
> Asbury Partners current obligations.
> - I recommended a rezoning of this block to entertainment uses 
from the current 
> resedential.
> - I recommended a transfer of the residential units on this block 
to the Paramount Phase 2 
> development by increasing the hieght of the proposed building next 
to the wter treatment 
> plant.
> -I asked for a complete review of the redevelopment Zoning in 
light of changing 
> economics and the passing of 5 years with little to show for it.
> 
> Are these issues significant?  I think so.
> Should they be reported on?  I think so.
> Is the Press reading public not getting the facts?  I think so.
> 
> This is not about "saving the Baronet". The issue is appropriate 
Zoning and Planning.
> Land use choices that allow the past and future to co-exist.
> 
> The issue is also the continued taking of private property while 
Asbury partners fails to 
> perform as promised regarding our beachfront.
> 
>  Werner
>
I agree, 100%!  There's nothing like being there and since I wasn't, 
I won't comment.  I know Pat personally.  Very nice person.






 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AsburyPark/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 



Reply via email to