Jim,
 
I'm a long-time resident who can attest that Asbury Park is not what you  
might think from reading posts here.  Any web group like this which is  
"unmoderated" will have its share of invective and less than civil tone at  
time.
 
In other groups I've joined, there are moderators who prevent anonymous  
membership, and in some cases require actual residency; the tone in those  
groups 
is much more civil; and the topics more enlightening than heated.
 
 


========Original  Message========     Subj: [AsburyPark] My new neighbors?  
Date: 3/7/2007 4:47:52 P.M. Eastern Standard Time  From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] 
(mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED])   To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] 
(mailto:[email protected])   Sent on:    

 
 
Folks,

Couple of questions for you. I'm wondering what the purpose of  this 
board is. I live in New York, and am considering buying a weekend  
house in AP. I signed up to the board to learn about the town, 
what's  going on in terms of development, and to get an idea of the 
kinds of people  who would be my neighbors.

So far, I've heard some interesting  development news, and some 
disgusting news about prostitutes vomitting  blood. But I've mostly 
been disappointed to see the invectives and  crankiness fly among 
people, whom (at least I thought) shared a common  interest in making 
AP a good place to live--for everyone. 

Is the  level of malevolence on this board a good indicator of what 
I'll find in the  grocery store or on the boardwalk? I'm gorwing 
skeptical with every post I  read.

Any advice? Thank you. --Jim


   
<BR><BR><BR>**************************************<BR> AOL now offers free 
email to everyone.  Find out more about what's free from AOL at 
http://www.aol.com.

Reply via email to