Based on what I hear and read about the way people outside of AP view
our city, I believe we need a vocal and visible leader in our city
that is not only known to all, or as many as possible, citizens of AP,
but we also need a strong PR campaign to both send a strong point to
would be criminals that we won't tolerate their BS, as well as a
strong PR campaign designed to inform non-AP residents who read about
our woes in the APP etc that efforts are being made.
I still believe our PD is doing a great job, but our city is still
full of crime and I just don't believe enough is being done to combat it.
Let's face it, people are wary of AP, but the criminal and gang
element in AP isn't afraid of the law.
I'm going to fall short of saying make AP a police state, but I just
don't think there's a strong enough visibility of our PD in the city.
We should have cops constantly posted at known crime areas.

--- In [email protected], Allan Peterson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> Others have taken action.  Recreation is up not only beacuse of
Keady.  We have more police too.  Also these issues are not visible on
the entire west side.  The north west part I personally find to be the
best right now in Asbury.  As far as the south west side, I believe
action has been taken.  A redevelopment plan is in the works.  I don't
think people have forgotten about that side and how can you when the
shootings are in the news so often.  But lets face it, developing the
waterfront is not easy with the constant shootings and market
conditions.  How do expect a developer to be sucessful on the south
west?  
> 
> 
> ----- Original Message ----
> From: Hinge <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: [email protected]
> Sent: Thursday, June 7, 2007 4:06:05 PM
> Subject: [AsburyPark] Re: Murder. Again.
> 
> I don't know what is stance on cameras is, but he definitely has
been vocal about dealing 
> with the social issues that plague our city. I don't know of anybody
else in our cities 
> government that has made a significant effort to publically deal
with our problems. 
> Dealing with them behind closed doors does nothing. Our city needs
to be united against 
> the crimes that hurt us, and we need a strong leader to take the
helm, somebody who's 
> name everybody in our city knows, that the media knows. At the
moment, I don't think we 
> have that person. 
> I think that there is a whole subculture in our city that could care
less about the laws that 
> govern it.
> And once again, our new real estate will remain vacant until the
public perceives AP as a 
> safe place to live.
> 
> --- In [EMAIL PROTECTED] ups.com, Allan Peterson <nnjallans1@ ...>
wrote:
> >
> > I don't believe Keady is for cameras
> > 
> > 
> > ----- Original Message ----
> > From: Hinge <hinge98@ >
> > To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] ups.com
> > Sent: Thursday, June 7, 2007 3:50:07 PM
> > Subject: [AsburyPark] Re: Murder. Again.
> > 
> > Sure, cameras would help, just like they have in other cities.
> > I truly believe that AP needs to become one city, not an east and west
> > side. The social problems we have aren't just limited to the west
side.
> > In the past year that i've lived in AP, i've never seen so much
> > disrespect for a community in my life. Build something new, and
> > somebody will put graffiti on it. People rarely use our trash cans.
> > And our city is plagued with low lifes who ride around on bicycles
> > selling drugs, recruiting gang members, breaking into cars etc.
> > There must be something wrong with our criminal justice system,
> > because it's definitely not scaring the criminals away.
> > There is also something deeply wrong with having AP focus it's
> > redevelopment solely on the beach area. It sends the wrong message to
> > all the other parts of Asbury that really need help, like Springwood.
> > One area is being made into a playground for people of means, and the
> > other is being ignored, and it's been ignored for decades. It's
> > exactly the same thing that is wrong with Atlantic City...a strip of
> > prosperity bordered by areas that have been a mess for decades, and
> > those areas hardly benefit from the prosperity.
> > I also think that Asbury lacks the leadership to fix it's problems.
> > Some will get mad at this statement, but I truly believe that Jim
> > Keady is the only person on board who's actually made a strong and
> > visible effort to address our cities social problems. We need a strong
> > leader to be visible and vocal about righting our problems. 
> > --- In [EMAIL PROTECTED] ups.com, "oakdorf" <oakdorf@ > wrote:
> > >
> > > 66 Years old.
> > > 
> > > Crazy. 
> > > 
> > > Would cameras, placed in around town, help?
> > > 
> > > The Springwood Ave redevelopment must be stepped up. What it
would do, 
> > > no one knows. Maybe a sense of community and light, hope for "the 
> > > westside"
> > >
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > 
> ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _
> > Shape Yahoo! in your own image. Join our Network Research Panel
today! http://
> surveylink.yahoo. com/gmrs/ yahoo_panel_ invite.asp? a=7
> >
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
>  
>
____________________________________________________________________________________
> No need to miss a message. Get email on-the-go 
> with Yahoo! Mail for Mobile. Get started.
> http://mobile.yahoo.com/mail
>




 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AsburyPark/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AsburyPark/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 

Reply via email to