This morning, I took my dog for a walk in Library Park, and I noticed that the 
beautiful 
fountain there has been severely vandalized overnight. 
2 of the 3 globes are now missing and the 3rd is damaged beyond repair.
It appears that other damage has also happened.
I called the police to report it, and it sounded to me like they consider this 
to be no big deal. I 
almost felt like I was disturbing them when I made the call.
Would this have happened if we had cameras in the park?
Library Square Park really does need cameras...anybody who lives near it knows 
well how 
much crime and other things are happening there every single night.
You know, we could talk forever about preserving and redeveloping, but it all 
means very 
little when you live in a community where people have little or no respect for 
the place where 
they live.
Personally, I think AP should be turned into a police state for a year.
No tolerence.
Strong police presence.
We need a mayor like a Bloomburg or Guiliani who's actually going to take 
control over this 
city and steer it in a new direction.
I'm disgusted....



 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AsburyPark/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AsburyPark/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 

Reply via email to