One week after the fountain in Library Square Park was vandalized, it has
happened again.
This morning, I found the remaining globe was found destroyed and thrown into
the
fountain, along with an assortment of trash.
Last week, I reported this to the police, the AP Historical Society and Jim
Keady.
Jim Keady sent me an email about it and said he'd bring it up to the council.
He also asked
for my phone number stating that the city manager wanted to discuss this with
me. So far
i've heard nothing. Nothing from the AP Historical Society, who did not answer
my 2
emails about this.
I'm going to try one other thing. I'll call the parks dept and see if they've
even heard about
this.
I'm also tired of complaining about it, so tomorrow night at 7 pm, my
girlfriend and I are
going to clean up the fountain ourselves, and anybody who'd like to join us is
welcome.
We are also going to plant some flowers.
Of course, there are no cameras anywhere, so it's likely that our work will be
for nothing
and the fountain will be damaged and used as a trash dump again.
In discussing this with my girlfriend, she was shocked that there are no
cameras anyplace
in the city. She's a tough chick, a state animal control officer, and she told
me that she's
scared to walk my dog in the park after dark...in fact she's afraid of the city
in general at
night...which is shocking to me considering the things she's dealt with in her
life.
Anyhow, think about joining us to clean up the fountain tomorrow night at 7 pm.
I'm also
going to contact the APP about this.
Jack
Yahoo! Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AsburyPark/
<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional
<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AsburyPark/join
(Yahoo! ID required)
<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/