See, it's a matter of taste. Maybe I'm too old school to assimilate to things like Pier Village. All I can say is that of course some people will flock to something like that, because it's all they know anymore. But compared to a earlier time in our culture, Pier Village is an abomination. Nobody will ever be able to convince me that it's attractive in any way. I find it sad that the next few generations will accept our strip mall culture and things like Pier Village as the best our culture can offer. But that's just me.
--- In [email protected], "oakdorf" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > > --- In [email protected], "dfsavgny" <dfsavgny@> wrote: > > > > October 11, 2007 > > City's Virtues to Be Sold in New Global Ad Campaign > > By PATRICK McGEEHAN > > > I worked on Madison ave for a short period next NYC & Comp offices. > > Pier Village created a destination. > > How many times has my daughter hit me up or blown her paycheck at Pier - > Greek to me, Sawa, Nirvanna or Jenna & Molly or michael angleos...for > the "new" kids, Pier V is hot. They are waiting for AP to lure them in, > other then the Pony. Does the downtown bring in the 16-20 year olds? > No - at least what I see. There is no draw for them. So will they be > drawn here 4 years, 7 or 10 years from now - when things may be more > built up?? > Yahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AsburyPark/ <*> Your email settings: Individual Email | Traditional <*> To change settings online go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AsburyPark/join (Yahoo! ID required) <*> To change settings via email: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
