Hi, I'd like to share some ideas for enhancement to the author, with a
focus on improving the source readability:

- List continuations. Instead of +, asciidoc can treat subsequent
  paragraphs of the same indentation level as continuations (and only
  incrementally indented paragraphs as literal paragraphs).

  Like this! (AKA the off-side rule.)

    $ some literal text
    $ some more literal text

  Here's some more normal text.

- URL links. Instead of the somewhat unreadable http://blah/[syntax]
  currently available, here are some suggestions (mostly my own ideas,
  though I recall liking Markdown's syntax quite a bit):

  - Adopt the near-universal <http://angle-bracket-syntax/> for simple
    URLs that aren't masked with display text.

  - Simply enclose [the link] in brackets, a la wiki markup, then look
    for resolutions in the form of foot- or end-notes (example below).
    IMO, brackets are primarily seen in listing text (code) or
    `monospaced font` (which IMO should be treated as listings, so
    things like `this --and --that` don't screw us over) or
    "[sometimes] quoted text," but in case someone thinks of a
    significant counterexample, the next-best thing is [[double
    brackets]].

    [the link] <news://my-link/>

  - [In-line masked links] <http://like-this-one/> can look better.
    Downsides to the current asciidoc syntax include: (1) the URL
    precedes the link text, (2) the link text is parenthesized, when
    it should be the main focus, and (3) ugliness - no spacing between
    the URL and the text.

  - Bibliography [taoup] and [cross-referencing] <blockid> syntax
    could also look similar. Also, it doesn't make much sense to
    distinguish <<xref,cross references>> from http://blah[external